Friends of CORK
In 1969, almost 50 years ago, CORK was born, and has been providing some of the best sailing events in Canada ever since.
Each year more than a thousand (1233 in 2017) youth and adult sailors participate at CORK events, representing clubs from Canada, the US, and around the world.
We have annual events like the CORK International Optimist Regatta, the CORK International Regatta, the Olympic Classes Regatta, National Sea Cadet Regatta, and Fall CORK, as well as a variety of additional Youth, Open, Masters, Canadian, North American, and World championships. An average year has 25-30 full regatta days (sometimes with as many as four separate race courses running at the same time!).
Hundreds of volunteers donate their time and energy each year to registration, measurement, equipment, communications, ramps, race committee, safety, judging, and scoring activities. More than 100 can be on site at a time, some starting at 8 and some not leaving until the last protest is heard! Volunteers come from across Canada, from the United States, and even further afield.
A Canadian not-for-profit organization, CORK relies on sailor fees, volunteers, and a very few sponsorships.
Did you (or a child or grandchild) sail at CORK? Do you have fond memories of volunteering at CORK?
Please consider joining the Friends of CORK by making a donation to help us run these great events. Every dollar helps CORK keep its fees reasonable, helps volunteers with travel costs, and maintain the equipment needed to run these world-quality events.
Thank you for any help you can provide!
Board of Directors, CORK Sail Kingston
- Friends of CORK will be listed on our website (if you’d prefer to be anonymous, please send us an email)
- Donations of $25 or more will receive a tax receipt (deductible on Canadian income tax)
- Donate online here by credit card (through a secure site at Wind Athletes Canada, a non-profit that helps support sailors and sailing organizations)
- To donate by cheque, please print and complete the form you can find here (ensure you identify CORK as the program; return address is on the form)
- If you need more information, or would like to talk to us about making provisions for a legacy donation, please reach us at email@example.com or 1-613-545-1322 and ask for Marianne or Kim.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter @CORKKingston
CORK website: www.cork.org
CORK Regatta Office: (613)-545-1322
Address: 53 Yonge Street, Kingston Ontario